Senior Manager, Cloud Operations
The Senior Manager, Cloud Operations is a key member of the technology team, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The primary goal of this position is to ensure reliable, scalable, cost-efficient cloud operations. This is a take-charge, get your hands dirty engineering position requiring technical prowess and an eye for clever money-saving solutions.
- Responsible for scalability, availability, reliability and efficiency of the platform
- Collaborate with the software development team on making sure our system is architected to work well with scale-out cloud approaches
- Design, implement and operate the production environment of our government-cloud with Kubernetes
- Manage cloud operations budget, forecast, and variances
- Manage relationships with customers/partners/vendors
- Other responsibilities as assigned by senior management
- 5+ years experience in SRE-type role
- 5+ years experience with running production environments in major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or Google)
- 5+ years experience developing software, with at least 2 years of experience using Docker, Kubernetes, and public or Gov cloud
- Working knowledge of at least one of AWS, Azure, or GCP, both AKS/EKS/GKE or on-instance k8s deployments. If you don’t have Azure experience, you must be willing to learn quickly
- Experience working on an operational team for high availability applications
- Experience with high security FedRamp / CJIS audited infrastructure
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools such as Nagios, ELK-stack, CloudWatch, New Relic, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Familiar with Docker containers, Docker orchestration using Kubernetes
- Jenkins or similar continuous integration platform
- Continuous delivery goals
- No direct reports.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology, business or related field.