Sales Executive - Central U.S.
Champion and proactively sell Forensic Logic’s CoplinkX solutions to state and local law enforcement agencies in a 10 state Central U.S. territory. This includes leveraging the sales executive’s relationships and prospecting initiatives, as well as leveraging effective company partner relationships including Thomson Reuters. The role involves seeking and developing new business and driving competitive sales opportunities. The right candidate should have experience selling to state and local government, ideally to law enforcement agencies. The sales executive should possess an ability to initiate effective discovery campaigns designed to understand their market environment, initiatives and needs of targeted state and local law enforcement agencies. Further, the candidate must demonstrate proficiency in developing Strategic Account Plans, and a track record for achieving sales quotas. The ideal candidate has 5+ years selling to state and local government, preferably to law enforcement agencies. Candidates who have both sales experience and have served in law enforcement are desirable, but law enforcement experience is not required.
- Identify key agency stakeholders, business partners and account alliances designed to produce sales opportunities.
- Work with partner ecosystem to drive sales; this includes establishing appropriate contractual relationships and negotiating terms for partnering/teaming
- Effectively demonstrate Forensic Logic’s solutions, and articulate the value proposition of information-led decision making to reduce violent crime, opioid trafficking, human trafficking, and other crimes presenting danger to communities
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels of client organizations;
- Participate in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customized presentations (in person or online), provide written proposals and subject matter expertise for federal solutions
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position value-added solutions
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer Forensic Logic’s unique capabilities and value proposition
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment
- Educate customers on the benefits of TR solutions over competitors and train/educate customers for optimal productivity
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses
- Attend market insight events, networking activities, and participate in associations, consortiums, and conferences to support sales growth
- Attain assigned client retention and sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years Sales and Business Development experience across the state and local government market, specifically the law enforcement, fraud, identity management market.
- Working knowledge of modern sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client's organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Public records/open source data experience preferred
- Travel is 20%-50% with an ability to travel by automobile or air to meetings
- Must be comfortable and proficient in web-based demo platforms
- Salesforce.com CRM experience is a definite plus.
- Central U.S. region covering 10 states including IL, IN, OH, WI, MN, WI
- Full-time. Remote position. Home office required.
- Must live in territory. Ideally IL, IN or OH.
- Quota carrying sales position. No direct reports. Reports to SVP, Sales
- Must have valid state driver’s license and ability to travel via passenger airline.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, company match 401k