Inside Sales Executive
Champion and proactively sell Forensic Logic’s CoplinkX solutions to local law enforcement agencies located across the United States. This includes leveraging the inside sales executive’s prospecting initiatives, as well as leveraging areas of the country where Forensic Logic has a strong data presence. The role involves seeking and developing new business and driving competitive sales opportunities. The best candidate will have inside sales experience selling to local government, ideally to public safety agencies. The inside sales executive should possess an ability to initiate prospecting campaigns via phone and email to prospects and to understand the needs of local law enforcement agencies. The candidate must be comfortable making up to 30-50 outbound prospecting calls per day, demonstrate a proficiency in knowing our products and in conducting compelling online product demonstrations. The inside sales representative is a key part of our sales team and will also work closely with our outside enterprise sales team in vetting inbound leads. The ideal candidate has 5+ years selling to local government. Candidates who have both inside sales experience and have served in law enforcement are desirable, but law enforcement experience is not required.
- Identify key agency stakeholders, and account contacts designed to produce sales opportunities.
- Effectively demonstrate Forensic Logic’s solutions, and articulate the value proposition of information-led decision making to reduce violent crime, gun violence, opioid trafficking, human trafficking, and other crimes presenting danger to communities
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels of client organizations;
- Participate in pre-sales calls, create and deliver customized presentations, provide written proposals.
- Utilize knowledge of government requirements and contracting mechanisms to determine and position value-added solutions
- Understand the competition in the marketplace and easily differentiate to the customer Forensic Logic’s unique capabilities and value proposition
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years Sales and Business Development experience across the state and local government market, specifically the law enforcement, fraud, identity management market.
- Working knowledge of modern sales concepts, methods, and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate and relate to multiple levels of a client's organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player with strong business acumen, superior organizational skills and the ability to follow through
- Excellent writing & presentation skills
- Public records/open source data experience preferred
- Travel is 10% with an ability to travel by automobile or air to meetings
- Must be comfortable and proficient in web-based demo platforms
- Salesforce.com CRM experience is a definite plus.
- Act as a knowledge champion in market-based product knowledge relative to the customer segment
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses
- Attain assigned sales goals
- Corporate office: Walnut Creek, CA
- Quota carrying sales position. No direct reports. Reports to SVP, Sales
- Must have valid state driver’s license and ability to travel via passenger airline.
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, company match 401k